Musings about dog life, canine couture, and dog-friendly events.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Event: Writers and their Dogs

There are two things that are close to my heart -- writers and dogs. As early as 7 years old, I knew I wanted to write and despite severe allergies, I've always dreamed of having a dog. Now I have a adorable little pooch and I get to write this blog for my fellow pet lovers! Hurrah!

Recently, I was tipped off to a cool event happening at Symphony Space in Manhattan. It's called Writer's and their Dogs. I highly encourage you to attend and support writers and dog lovers!

Here's more details:

Symphony Space Presents ...Writers and their Dogs
Wednesday, October 24th, 2007
Symphonyspace.org
212.864.5400
2537 Broadway at 95th Street

Merrill Markoe, the creator of Late Night with David Letterman 's "Stupid Pet Tricks," joins Amy Hempel and Abigail Thomas for a night of funny and poignant short stories about their canine muses, read by (Boston Terrier owner) Joan Allen, (Labrador owner) Patricia Kalember and Rochelle Oliver.

Dogs appear alongside the writers and actors!

Audience members receive a free issue and free subscription to The Bark Magazine, called " The New Yorker for dog lovers" (Time). The Bark's new story anthology, Howl, hits bookstores the day of this event.

No comments:

Me and Ro

Me and Ro
Roxie and I attend the 2007 Canine Cocktail Pawty hosted by Jenna Gates

Adopt a Pet

Animal Breed Zip Code